’24 dual-threat QB Rockcastle County was the difference in the show-down with Bell County
We featured Tucker Warren when he was the dual-threat QB at North Laurel. He has transferred to Rockcastle County and has made a huge difference. Chris Larkey’s Rockets are 6-1 on the year, coming off a 4-7 finish in ’22. They have three teams, which are a combine 8-11 on the year, remaining between the Rock and a 9-1 season. Kind of reminiscent of when another “Larkey” was coaching at “The Rock.”HB Lyon, Chief Scout, KPGFootball
Mingua's recipes are a family tradition, passed down from generation to generation.
Mt. Vernon, KY: Migua Beef Jerky uses Enviro-Pac CHU-2000 equipment to cook its meat to USDA required levels for both moist or dry operation. Mingua Beef Jerky wants you to become one of its many satisfied customers by sampling its quality hand sliced, all natural beef jerky. We know you’ll love it and come back for more, again and again.
Ronnie Mingua began experimenting with making beef jerky back in the 1990s. He shared his efforts with neighbors and friends, soon realizing he had come up with something different and superior to all other beef jerkies on the market. From these humble beginnings, Mingua Beef Jerky got its start.
Today, the Mingua Beef Jerky Company still prides itself on using its old-fashioned, all-natural recipes which offer outstanding products to customers across the nation. The recipes are a family tradition, passed down from generation to generation.
Our recipes and our quality ingredients, hand-cut from solid pieces of beef, are never chopped or formed like other brands, making our products superior and one of a kind. That would make our products similar to this week’s Protein-packed Performer, Tucker Warren, a ’24 dual-threat QB, who plays for Mt. Vernon, Kentucky’s Rockcastle County High.
Bluegrass Preps conducted a poll concerning who would win the Rockcastle/Bell County game last Friday night. Nearly 80% of the people responding picked Bell to win. The other 20% were probably largely comprised of Rockcastle team parents.
The website, calpreps.com, employs a state of the art algorithm to determine winners and losers in high school matchups across the country. That is science folks! The fancy computer had Bell’s chances of winning at 98%.
But the boys from Mt. Vernon who would travel to Middlesboro for this pivotal matchup took their own poll. This poll was in their locker room.
To a man, they were convince it would be Rockcastle County moving to 6-1 on the year. Bell has now fallen to the same seasonal mark.
Rockcastle will finish the year playing a winless McCreary team (0-6), a Knox Central team which is 4-2, and a Casey County team which is 4-3. Rockcastle County would figure to be favored in all three games.
The boys from Mt. Vernon, Kentucky seem to have a better than average chance of entering the playoffs with a 9-1 mark and a season defining win over one of the classification’s top-rated squads. That should be good for a home playoff game or two.
Against Bell County, the ’24 dual-threat QB and transfer from 5A North Laurel, threw for four (4)-TDs and ran for another three (3)-scores. This is in line with what he has done threw the first seven games where he has avreraged well over 200-yards a night passing, thrown for 21-scores and run for another six (6).
Last year, at North Laurel, playing 5A football; Warren would throw for 10-TD’s, run for 14, and gain well over a thousand yards, both running and throwing. Warren was North Laurel’s top scorer in ’22.
This is no easy feat when you play QB. Wide-receivers get credited, point-wise, for the QB’s TD-throws.
Warren has much to recommend him to next-level teams physically. First of all Warren is 6’1,” and weighs 180-pounds. Warren has been timed at 4.72-seconds in the 40 and short shuttles (5-10-5) in 4.4-seconds. Warren has a reported bench of 255-pounds, a squat of 375, and a power clean of 215.
We don’t know the age of these numbers. They might well be even more impressive now.
Warren will be the first to tell you none of the above stats are important to him. Like all good QB’s, he’s concerned with wins and losses. Warren’s team is 6-1 and headed up the rankings, like a rocket.
You will excuse me if the above comparison seems particularly apt. That is why “they” pay me the “big money.”
Join us next week as we return to honor another weekly prize winner. Until then, pop some Mingua Beef Jerky in your mouth and savor the quality and flavor which sets it apart from the competition. Remember, our product is superior and one of a kind; just like Rockcastle County High’s, Tucker Warren.
This is Fletcher W. Long reporting (on his birthday) for Kentucky Prep Gridiron reminding you to PLAY THROUGH THE WHISTLE and don’t forget to SAVOR THE FLAVOR!